results. I have gained invaluable experience at various levels and believe that I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
With excellent communication, networking and well-developed interpersonal skills, I integrate well within a team and have the ability to form trusted relationships with subordinates, clients as well as superiors.
Whilst focusing on the job, I am able to keep my eye on the horizon, growing and adapting organically to the environment that I am placed in. My proven track record of responsibility, integrity and commitment to company objectives has allowed me to be innovative in unlocking my growth. It is my strong belief that the detail lies in the execution, focus and timing.
My leadership style is based on managing through mutual respect, honest communication and trust, whilst keeping an eye on the bottom line. I maintain a strong work ethic and governance and have a healthy competitive attitude and thrive under pressure.
· SHEQ Coordinator
· HSEQ Manager
· HSEQ Officer
· Quality controller
· Lab Analyst
· Inservice Trainee
· NEBOSH (International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety on going)
· Safety Management Certificate
· National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
· Senior Secondary Certificate
Career highlights and achievements
· Held a SHEQ Manager position in Lesotho in 1 year 3 months and worked as a SHEQ Officer for 5+ years in Contractor Health and Safety Management in Projects with Engen.
· My industry experience crossed Petrochemical, Transport and logistic as well as Cement Manufacturing plant.
· 2015 – 16 Annual Turnaround/Shutdown in Engen Refinery in Durban: My contribution: was to ensure contractor compliance and approval of contractors to maintain the plant during shutdown.
· Successful completed a depot upgrade with 5 tanks being constructed without any LTI reported.
· Trained all contractors and approve their safety file after auditing them.
I feel certain that the skills I have gained throughout my career will be of value to you and your organization.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my application in regards to the position advertised by your company.
Work & Experience
• Translate safety and risk management principles into practical standards, processes, and guidelines. • Develop, implement and monitor SHEQ policies, procedures, and reporting throughout the business. • Reviewing, and updating of the Safety Management System (based on ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001) and documentation. • Assist the organization to comply with all current health and safety legislation and regulations. • Identify new technologies and methodologies for improving health and safety within the organization and to promote a safety culture of best practice. • Ensure that all reasonable and proper measures are taken by the business and its clients to protect the safety and health of staff, clients, customers, contractors, and visitors. • Write, review and verify HIRA (Hazard Identification Risk Assessments) and mitigation controls. Evaluate risks in various operations and put in place measured of mitigations. • Advice on appropriate and effective PPE to be issued to employees. • Investigate and report non-adherence to the SHEQ policies to operations. • Contribute to the development and maintenance of Crisis Management and Business Continuity plans. • Conduct site Audits, scheduled site audits., Inspections and Walkabouts • Conduct pre-mobilization risk assessments on new sites and work with the contract managers and operations teams to identify risk factors and suggest mitigation measures. • Compile reports of all site visits and audits, classifying and detailing non-conformances and suggesting corrective action • Play an active role in the mobilization of new contracts and ensure their readiness for service, Work closely with the operations teams in the planning of activities during client site shutdowns. • Prepare, submit and present reports, statistics, and trend analysis related to HSE performance. • Attend regular meetings with contracts managers and provide feedback to the business in terms of SHEQ compliance and opportunities to improve. • Plan properly for all travel and control all expenses in line with the SHEQ budget requirements. • Adhere to the company Business Code of Ethics and rules of confidentiality. • Communicate and document changes to procedures relating to SHEQ and system changes • Ensure all contractors comply with the organisation’s SHEQ standards. Audit contractors and facilities on a regular basis to ensure compliance with customer requirements and SHEQ system requirements (internal audits). • Ensure non-certified depots uphold the principles of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001. • Develop and circulate toolbox talks monthly. Create awareness to reduce road and site incidents, including personal injuries. • Participate in safety stand downs, obtain inputs from employees including safety forums. • Participate in the planning phase by establishing the scope of work, evaluation criteria, identification of SHE hazards and assess the risks. • Create a client safety file, update it daily and participate in audits. • Create contractor selection, pre-qualification and identification criteria. Training and Development: • Actively contribute to the development of training material content. • Conduct SHEQ training for all newly appointed Regional Managers, Supervisors, Area Managers, Contract Managers, New employees and Contract managers. • Conduct on-site training of Operations Managers, and Regional Managers as and when required by the business. • Highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet legislative requirements approved Codes of Practice or industry standards. Incident Reporting and Management: • Investigate and verify incident classifications. • Verify the incident log every month and ensure the close-out of all incidents following a robust investigative process. • Assist the operations team in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented. Make policy recommendations to the business following on from incidents and near misses. • Follow up with the sites to ensure that all required documentation and reports are received timeously. Legal and Regulatory: • Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and inform the business accordingly. • Act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies. • Maintain updated electronic copies of the various acts and regulations. • Liaise with the local Department of Labour, etc.