I am a hardworking, reliable individual who has the ability and experience of working under pressure. I
am an energetic, ambitious person who has developed a mature and responsible approach to any role
that I undertake, or any situation I am presented with. I am able to meet required deadlines in a busy
work environment. Key strengths include my willingness to learn to develop my professional growth, the
ability to follow directions to meet deadlines, and the ability to work productively in a team in an
organized manner in order to benefit the business.
Completed matric with subjects Biology, Geography, Business, Math’s Literacy, English, and Afrikaans. Obtained a bachelor’s Pass.
Becoming a competent and effective EFL teacher, knowing and understanding EFL learners, mastering some challenging English language elements teaching the key 4 skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing, managing your classroom confidently and effectively, English grammar, planning and presenting lessons, teaching skills, teaching young learners and online teaching
Work & Experience
• Teach the English language to students ranging from children to adults and evaluate their performance daily with notes after every lesson about performance and correcting mistakes made. • Learning purposes taught: Business English, Daily English, Free talk, College interview, Job interview and English for kids and teenagers (including phonics) • Assist students in preparing for IELTS examinations and TOEFL tests with guidance, correction and feedback. • Write detailed feedback reports for every student who is new
• Entertaining and stimulating the children after school daily with activities and games. • Assisting daily with homework and studying. • Supervised children and upheld safety standards. • Holiday care during school holidays at the aftercare. • Always kept an up-to-date record of all the children at aftercare and made sure every child is signed out daily by a parent or guardian etc.
• Managed the day-to-day operation of the business. • Responsible for stock take, costing of all items in the store, opening and closing of the register and handling accurate cash operations and transactions. • Provided a friendly and efficient check-out service.
• Assisted two young boys daily with their school homework, projects and studying. 2 • Helped students to understand and use different methods to study and understand several concepts. • Worked one-on-one with students to target their areas of growth and areas of failure.
• Ensured all data entered was 100% accurate and done in an efficient and time effective manner
• I was responsible for greeting guests at the door and then proceeding to seat the guests in a friendly and professional way. • Organized and managed reservation schedules, making changes quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. • Improved the efficiency of reservation taking and seating procedures.