“I’m excellent with numbers, detail-oriented, always meet my deadlines and excel at customer service.”
I’ve been in the Financial Services sector my entire working life, and have gained a wealth of experience, some that can only be gained by practice, in addition I speak most of the 9 official languages. My computer, numerical and Excel skills are above average and I’d be happy to bring those skills to the role. In my previous role, I headed up a team of 8 and introduced a new workflow management system that increased productivity, decreased error rates and ultimately saved the company enormously. I’m creative at finding resolution and try to find new ideas. What’s more, I have self-motivation and dedication, am a self-starter who works well within a team environment or individual tasks.
A number of words could describe me. Hard working, Critical Thinker, Organized, Self-disciplined, detail oriented, resilient, positive, resourceful, Energetic and ambitions.
I consider Diplomacy as my greatest strength. I can manage communication at any level and achieve the desired results, I’m what you’d call a people’s person, the “go to guy”
Work & Experience
• Established Quickbooks accounting system to reflect accurate financial records. • Streamlined financial management and optimized account maintenance by converting data into Quickbooks and creating corresponding Chart of accounts. • Reported financial data and updated financial records in ledgers and journals. • Completed payroll for employees and maintained detailed records of procedures. • Identified accounting errors when cross – referencing documents and database information. • Eliminated discrepancies in finances by expertly documenting expenses, monitoring income, handling bank deposits and managing statements. • Calculated deductions and processed payroll for employees • Applied proper codes to invoices, files and receipts to keep records organized and easily searchable. • Reviewed and processed employee expense reports and vendor invoices for payment. • Entered financial information and payments to guarantee accurate and on-time payments for employees and vendors. • Tracked expenses and income for business while organizing and maintaining bank statements. • Verified accurate record keeping processes, reducing financial inconsistencies. • Monitored, verified and approved invoices and reviewed balances using financial software to assess balance-sheet for variances. • Tracked business revenue and expenditure and reconciled accounts to maintain high accuracy. • Reconciled and corrected issues with financial records. • Reduced financial discrepancies’ through transaction monitoring and management. • Verified postings to ledgers to confirm accurate entry and account balances. • Investigated daily variances and corrected errors to resolve discrepancies
• Reduced financial discrepancies’, effectively reconciling bank accounts and organizing information into accounting software. • Effectively communicated with clients about payment needs and kept updated, detailed and accurate ledgers. • Managed and responded to correspondence and inquiries from customers and vendors. • Strengthened financial operations by conducting bank reconciliations and financial reporting. • Verified deposits, rectified discrepancies and processed end of day paperwork with 85% accuracy. • Complied with established policies and performed bank reconciliations, accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, billing and profit and loss statements for 1000+ clients. • Checked Claim documents for errors and accuracy while updating CRM and other systems. • Verified financial documents for AIG and Bidvest to accurately analyze financial data.
• Maintained detailed client records with both personal and payment information. • Helped a large volume of customers every day with a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction. • Updated accounts, documents and reports with efficiency and accuracy. • Trained client service staff on excellent customer service and company systems. • Answered client questions and looked for opportunities to increase assets under management. • Provided customers with information about company offerings and answered questions about features, costs and deliverables. • Cultivated long-lasting client relations based on trust and solid understanding of business needs. • Responded to customer calls and emails to answer questions about products and services. • Communicated with clients regarding account services, statements and balances. • Maintained and managed customer files and databases. • Introduced clients to available online resources and services to increase convenience. • Maintained accurate record-keeping with proactive attention to client information updates.
Provided quality clerical support through data entry, document management, email correspondence and overseeing operations within the office. • Collected, analyzed and validated agency commissions. • Worked with the sales team to collaborate and reach targets, consistently meeting or exceeding personal quotas. • Created an improved filing system to maintain secure client data. • Met with customers to provide information about available products and policies. • Created sources for continuous client referrals within the community and with businesses using extensive networking skills. • Utilized direct marketing strategies such as mailing and phone cold calling to approach potential clients and increase assets under management.
• Monitored resource utilization, expenses and payroll to inform profitability management and decision – making. • Cultivated culture of open communication, collaboration and shared accountability for business success. • Oversaw daily, weekly and monthly business reporting and leveraged information to optimize forecasting and future business plans. • Drove continued growth across business areas by partnering with first-line management on revised approaches to customer services, sales and operational leadership. • Tracked KPI’s against benchmarking, market trends and competitor activities to develop strategic improvement plans. • Defined revenue and sales targets and motivated staff to exceed expectations. • Managed multi-unit operations to develop teams and optimize workflows for maximum business results. • Managed daily operations of Doves/Saffas insurance services, orchestrating forward-thinking strategies to accomplish profit and expansion goals. • Handled problematic customers and clients to assist lower-level employees and maintain excellent customer service. • Appraised inventory levels and ordered new merchandise to keep quantities well-stocked. • Increased sales by R2.5 Million by establishing goals, overseeing performance and mentoring staff. • Developed and launched a loss-prevention program, reducing theft and stock damage by 95%. • Managed purchasing, sales, marketing and customer account operations efficiently. • Tracked trends and suggested enhancements to both challenge and refine the company's product offerings. • Monitored daily cash discrepancies & inventory shrinkage. • Directed management meetings to enhance collaboration and maintain culture based on trust and group problem-solving. • Reduced budgetary expenditures by effectively negotiating contracts for more advantageous terms. • Monitored over 150 +/- employees day-to-day activities and made plans to rectify issues. • Trained new employees on proper protocols and customer service standards. • Created and implemented an aggressive action plan to address pressing cost control needs. • Tracked employee attendance and punctuality, addressing repeat problems quickly to prevent long-term habits. • Reduced financial inconsistencies while assessing and verifying billing invoices and expense reports.
• Drove operational improvements which resulted in savings and improved profit margins • Developed and maintained courteous and effective working relationships with debtors to encourage a culture of payment. • Used critical thinking to break down problems, evaluate solutions and make decisions • Created spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel for daily, weekly and monthly reporting and age analysis. • Identified issues, analyzed information and provided solutions to problems. • Handled account payments and provided report information regarding outstanding balances. Data entry and posting accounts receivable payments on the system. • Record keeping of debtors accounts, Customer maintenance • Managing Debtors book • Daily bank against debtor accounts • Credit recons • Interest calculations • Pass journal entries in order to maintain an accurate debtors book • Management of overdue accounts with escalation processes in order to mitigate risk. • Reducing Debtors Book daily • Diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support to facilitate swift payment on invoices due. • Follow up calls to debtors and keeping record of Promise to pay arrangements. • Follow up to ensure payment arrangements are honored • Follow up consistently to monitor expected customer payment dates and make allowance and examination of customer payment plans, payment history, credit line • Month-end Journals - Debtors reports / Debtors age analysis (Overdue Accounts) • Reconciliation of customer accounts • Preparation of debtors reports for management.
• Routed business correspondence, documents and messages to correct departments and staff members. • Verified transactions, product orders and delivery dates and entered information into databases and reports. • Created reports and developed improvements and enhancements to automate records and file systems. • Paid vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and paid employees by receiving and verifying expense reports. • Disbursed petty cash by recording entries and verifying documentation. • Generated financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status. • Utilized talents and expertise to complete on-time and accurate monthly closing processes, journal entries and accruals. • Monitored outstanding invoices and performed collection duties. • Verified accuracy of accounts payable payments, resulting in 90% reduction in payment errors. • Managed Invoicing and payment processing operations • Posted data and kept other records concerning costs of goods or services. • Ensuring all documentation and supplier invoices comply with policies, procedures and relevant legislation, • Raising Invoices and Purchase orders • Payment of claims. • Receipt and registration of approved invoices to capture payments • Claims creditor payments • FNB banking online payments and transfers • Preparing supplier statement reconciliations • Opening New Accounts, Creating and maintaining creditor information on systems • Obtaining suppliers statements and documentation necessary before payment • Reconcile supplier balance to supplier statement • Allocating payments to journals • Recording expenses to correct GL account after goods have been received with valid purchase order • Follow up of unresolved queries with various departments/ branches/ suppliers • Retaining accrual to minimum • Upload supplier statements to ensure payments are not delayed • Sending out recons and proof of payments to suppliers and clients • Monthly accruals reporting • Substantiate / verify all incoming documents validity of all business transactions and Insurance Claims • Follow up and resolve rejected payments • Sort and check statements after month end and ensure posting
• Investigate and determine source of query, user/system or device • Troubleshooting - Technical and accounting queries • Conserving contracts • Driving for First Call resolution • Managing mailbox/ call queue, directing/ channeling queries to correct department for most effective resolution, logging to correct queue and following up on queries from relevant department. • Complying with daily/ weekly / Monthly targets while meeting requirements of the customer Experience Audit/ quality metrics and carry an average quality score. • Providing feedback to customers regarding progress of logged query and updating systems to update Business Admin and Sales Consultants.
• Daily unitization / Valuation of external manager instruments • Pricing of Funds and ensuring the valuation of financial instruments are in line with fund performance, Equities, bonds and derivatives. • Tolerance level checking against benchmark and NAV fund price variance. • Daily processing of Cash-flows • Maintaining, servicing and Recon of bank and Client Deposit Accounts • Agency and Broker distribution accounts maintain and servicing • Investigate, following up and clearing of un-reconciled items in bank • Clearing Suspense accounts • Processing of Asset Manager payments • Sending investment / disinvestment instruction to External Asset Managers • Daily and monthly bank recons and monthly unit holding recons • Ad-hoc reporting including regulatory reporting and Audit Certificates. • Processing and setting up of audit, trustee, custody and management fees • Ensuring Variation Margin is processed correctly and matches the clearing House Statement daily. • Managing client cash-flows (Investments/ Subscriptions, redemptions) and insure units in issue reconcile to Transfer. • Monitor and perform income distribution calculations for each fund class.