We are looking for a customer-facing Debtors Clerk who will be dealing with our Afrikaans client base. The Debtors Clerk will be responsible for managing and recovering outstanding accounts receivable from our clients. This role requires a detail-oriented individual with a thick skin, as dealing with upset customers can be a part of the daily tasks. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and negotiation skills to handle disputes and queries effectively while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and legal regulations.
- Daily processing of customer information, debit orders and invoices.
- Respond to incoming telephone and ticket system queries.
- Collecting of outstanding funds on a monthly basis.
- Completing and presenting relevant financial reports to the Financial Manager.
- Reconciliation of large accounts.
- Allocating daily payments (card payments and EFT’s)
- Sending statements and invoices to customers.
- Completing relevant administrative tasks on customer accounts.
- Any ad-hoc duties as required by the company
- 2 years proven experience as a Debtors Clerk or similar role, preferably in the telecommunications or internet service industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with upset customers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software/computer literacy.
- Be able to speak Afrikaans and English fluently (Native Speakers)
- A diploma in Finance, Accounting, or related field is advantageous.